Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Paleo Diet vs Atkins

Comparing the paleo diet to the atkins diet is pretty simple:
Atkins revolves mostly about restricting carbs where the paleo diet is more about restricting neolithic foods. What does restricting neolithic foods mean? Essentially it means only eating paleolithic foods… or eating like a caveman.



The paleo diet is common sense approach to nutrition (and, for me, backed up by the well-researched book, Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes).
While being on a caveman diet I saw results pretty quickly and given my love of cooking I was very excited to go cookbook shopping for paleo recipes.
I’ve bought a lot of recipe books on my journey to a more healthy diet. And some of those cookbooks seem to be comprised of recipes that were conceived purely on theory and not at all on taste (cough..Atkins..cough). Paleo recipes in general are great, but I wanted to find one book that had great breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes.
I recommend the paleo recipes book as it has breakfast, lunch and dinner covered but it also fulfils all of my diet choices without me having to adjust the recipes to fit what I eat. And the Enchiladas recipe is out of this world. But you will discover that yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment